Saturday, July 16, 2011

My husband and I are having a hard time getting along after the birth of our beautiful child?

We were not married when we got pregnant. We later after much thought and consideration decided to get married in a civil ceremony. Since the birth we have been at each others throats. I am exclusively breastfeeding so cant really go out for long periods of time. We have gone out on a few dates for a couple hours and I have pumped a bottle or two. Our daughter is two months old and my husband just got back from a memorial day weekend in Vegas. Originally I thought I would be OK wit him going--it was his good friend's bachelor party and we are going to the wedding in July. However, when he got back I was very resentful. We are struggling financially and was upset that he spent money on booze and gambling when it could have gone towards other things. Also, not to mention I am at home with the baby and cannot go out with my friends like I used to anymore. I wouldn't change being committed to breastfeeding for anything and can see why a lot of women give up. I also feel like he came back from Vegas empty handed only with nothing but a lost voice. This is just the beginning of what we fight about. We still have separate bank accounts and I feel like I am living with a roommate/single mother sometimes. I want this to work not only for our precious little girl but for us--we Truly love each other and divorce is not an option. Should we seek counseling. We are both 27/28 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment