Monday, July 18, 2011

Should I try out for JV Field Hockey as a Freshman?

Ok, so i'm going to be a freshman in the fall and i want to play field hockey. there are no tryout for the freshman field hockey team at my school, and i have heard that most of the girls on the team have never played before and the coach isn't that great and and it isn't till JV when they actually learn how to play the game. By the end of the summer I will have completed about 5 field hockey camps/clinic, 1 private lesson, and 1 recreation team. I'm worried that if i'm on the freshman team i'm going to be somewhat "held back", but am i crazy to consider trying out for JV. I'm not like super amazing or anything, but the girls on the freshman team have barely played before. Also, I'm going to know like 10 people on the freshman team and none on the JV team, but I'd rather be one of the worst people on the JV team than the best on the freshman team.

No comments:

Post a Comment