Monday, July 18, 2011

The volleyball coach will not let me play any other positions!!?

So I'm going into high school and I've already been playing club vball for 3 years. We haven had tryouts for HS volleyball yet but we have had open gyms and the coaches are there watching. At the first one we had a setting drill and this one girl goes "ugh I hate setting" so I was just like "oh I think it's fun" and the coach heard me. I think she mistook that for me being a setter, which I'm NOT. I'm really good at attacking. I love attacking so much (especially outside) and I'm really really good at it. But when we did the attcking drills the coach told me to set for them. I didn't even get to attack. I'm not the best at setting either so she thinks I suck now. And I don't want to sound like I'm talking back to her or anything so I just do what she says. But now at every single open gym she makes me set for all the attacking drills. I'm worried that at tryouts she might make me set for the drills and she wot see my full potential. What do I do to let her know I'm in no way a setter an that I'm a hitter? Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment